You’re Marked, different. The lines that appeared on your skin set you apart from everyone else, but they were just a hint of the truth. It wasn’t long before your superpower followed. It’s awesome and terrifying in equal measures - you don’t know what you’re capable of, and you’re not sure how to control it.
You didn’t ask for this, but that doesn’t seem to matter. Some people see you as a danger, others as a freak. They’re scared of who you are and what you can do. But you’re not alone. There’s a school you can go to, where the teachers are just like you, where you can learn to use your powers safely.
For years, Mistry Academy has been a home for the Marked amidst the rising tide of hatred, but now even this safe haven seems to be at risk. You’ll play the school’s superpowered staff and students through a time of tremendous upheaval, and your choices will affect the future of the Marked everywhere.
- Marked uses a very rules-light Nordic or "cinematic" style
- The action is based on player trust and communication, not numerical systems
- The team is dedicated to creating a safe and inclusive atmosphere
- Set at the beautiful Ingestre Hall in Staffordshire, England
- Bus tickets will be available separately from the most popular UK airport
- Accommodation and meals for Thursday evening to Sunday morning are included
- Tickets cost one payment of £300, or two payments of £165
- 5 half price scholarship tickets are available
- There are 60 player places in total
- Places will be assigned by weighted lottery
About the organisers
Joanna is a larp designer and organiser whose short larp Unheroes won a Golden Cobra in the awards’ first year, and her larp-tabletop hybrid Before the Storm is part of the IGDN Game of the Year-winning Seven Wonders anthology. In 2017 she ran Dawnstone, bringing larp styles from across the world to the UK.
Graham is an award-winning designer of both larps and tabletop roleplaying games, who has won a Gold Ennie and a Golden Cobra. Graham recently published Cthulhu Dark, a game of Lovecraftian horror. He has also worked on Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space, The Laundry and Trail of Cthulhu.